Northern Territory Police have charged a 52-year-old man with drug offences over the weekend.
At around 12.30pm on Saturday, police apprehended a vehicle in Adelaide River for the purpose of a roadside drug test.
After the driver returned a positive reading, police undertook a search of the vehicle and located:
- Almost 18 kilograms of cannabis
- a quantity of cash
A further search of his residence located:
- approximately 500 grams of cannabis
- a money counting machine
The man was charged with:
- supply commercial quantity schedule 2 dangerous drug
- possess commercial quantity schedule 2 dangerous drug
- drive with prohibited drug in body
He was remanded in custody to appear in the Darwin Local Court today.