Northern Territory Police have charged a 30-year-old man with multiple offences following an incident in the Darwin CBD on Thursday 29 October 2020.
Police attended a hotel complex to speak with a woman in relation to an alleged assault that occurred earlier in the week.
Upon arrival, a man was at the woman’s accommodation. He made himself known before evading police by climbing onto different balconies. The man situated himself on a small ledge and refused to cooperate with police directions.
Additional police and emergency service resources were required, including Dog Operations Unit and Tactical Response Group. Police negotiators attempted to engage with the man for five hours before TRG apprehended the man.
He has been charged with:
- Deprive a person of personal liberty x 2
- Aggravated assault x 7
- Make a threat to kill a person x 2
- Choking, strangling, suffocating (domestic) x 2
- Damage to Property
- Armed with an offensive weapon
- Resist lawful apprehension
- Assault a member of the Police Force
- Disorderly behaviour public place.
He will face Darwin Local Court today.