Northern Territory Police have arrested a 28-year-old woman on drug offences.
Yesterday, Strike Force Trident Detectives received information that the 28-year-old was allegedly in possession of a large quantity of methamphetamine.
Shortly after 11.30am, members apprehended the woman’s vehicle and conducted a search of the vehicle.
The woman was subject to a road side drug test where she returned a positive reading for illicit drugs.
A search of the vehicle located a quantity of drugs and drug paraphernalia.
Police later conducted a search of the woman’s accommodation, locating:
- 28 grams of methamphetamine
- 5 grams of cocaine.
The woman has been charged with:
- 1 x learner driver, drive unaccompanied
- 1 x drive with dangerous drug in blood
- 1 x possess thing to administer dangerous drug
- 2 x possess traffickable quantity of schedule 1 dangerous drug
- 1 x possess less than traffickable quantity of schedule 1 dangerous drug in a public place.
She was remanded in custody to appear in the Darwin local court today.