Accelerated Recruitment Program
(applicants with previous experience in policing)
The Northern Territory Police conducts an Accelerated Recruitment Program (ARP) for applicants who have current or recent police experience in Australia or New Zealand.
As an experienced police officer the Northern Territory will recognise your previous years of service with attractive remuneration. We are seeking applicants who understand the policing role, but who are enthusiastic about facing the unique challenges that the Northern Territory offers due to its vastness and diversity. You will be required to serve a minimum of 12 months in a frontline General Duties position before being eligible to apply for specialist positions.
The Northern Territory Police offers countless pathways for experienced police officers. On graduation you will be posted to one of the major centres, but will also have the opportunity to serve at remote communities. There are a multitude of training, development and promotional courses available.
How do I apply?
To apply you must submit an Experienced Police Application and a Service Profile including required documentation. To find out more download the Experienced Police Information booklet.
No anticipated intakes for 2017
(Members of the Northern Territory Police Force are required to serve in any geographical location within the NT where a police presence is required.)
Regional and Remote Policing Model
The model is being introduced across the Northern Territory Police Force. Essentially the major regional stations of Alice Springs and Katherine will provide a pool of staff who will be deployed for three monthly stints at temporary Police Stations. This is funded under the Stronger Futures National Partnership Agreement and responsible to the regional centre.
If you have questions relating to the Accelerated Recruitment Program, email NT Police Recruitment on email@example.com or call 1800 005 099. Please include your full name, DOB, the entry pathway you are interested in and how you first became aware of NT Police Recruitment.
To be eligible for the Northern Territory Police Force as an Experienced Constable or as a Re-appointee (former NT Police Officers) applicants must meet the following criteria;
- Have completed two years or more as a Police officer within Australia or New Zealand having obtained the Diploma of Public Safety (Policing), or equivalent.
- Have currency as a sworn member; if no longer a serving member any break in service will be considered on basis of prior length of service, the duration of the break and nature of employment during that break.
- Be either an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or have permanent Australian residence status.
- Possess a current provisional or open manual driver’s licence.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain the qualification equivalent to the national "Provide First Aid" standard. (Also known as Apply First Aid/Senior First Aid)
- Have a satisfactory police service record and be of good character (NT Police Integrity Guidelines).
- Be physically fit and healthy.
The Accelerated Recruitment Program is a 13-week paid training course conducted in Darwin at the NTPFES College at Peter McAulay Centre, Berrimah. The course covers an introduction to NT legislation and NT Police policy and procedures, information systems, firearms, operational safety tactics training and includes physical training. After successful completion of the training course members will be posted to one of three major centres (Katherine, Tennant Creek or Alice Springs) as determined in offer of employment.