Man Charged – Drugs Seized – Katherine
Friday 17-Feb-2017 12:09
Northern Territory Police have charged a 37-year-old man with drug offences following a traffic apprehension in Katherine.
Senior Constable Andrew Thomson said the man was pulled over by police on the Stuart Highway just outside the town.
“A conversation with the driver led police to suspect dangerous drugs may have been concealed in the vehicle.
“Police conducted a search of the vehicle and located 66 grams of methamphetamine, 4.5 kilograms of cannabis concealed in cryovac bags, a quantity of Viagra and a quantity of steroids.”
The driver was charged with:
- Possess Schedule 1 drug - commercial quantity
- Possess Schedule 2 drug - commercial quantity
- Supply Schedule 1 drug - commercial quantity
- Supply Schedule 2 drug - commercial quantity
- Unauthorised possession Schedule 4 substance (x4)
He will appear in Katherine Local Court today.
If you have any information in relation to the manufacture or sale of illicit drugs in the Territory, contact police on 131 444 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. You can remain anonymous.