Man Charged – Recklessly Endanger Serious Harm
Tuesday 18-Apr-2017 12:47
Northern Territory Police have charged a 19-year-old man following a pursuit through the northern suburbs and Palmerston.
Detective Senior Sergeant Rob Jordan said the incident occurred on Saturday morning when two males allegedly stole a vehicle from a premises in Nightcliff.
“The vehicle was pursued by police around the northern suburbs and Palmerston with the offenders ramming two police cars.
“Police followed the vehicle to Moulden, where it was abandoned in Calandrinia Court. The alleged driver was apprehended shortly after, attempting to scale a nearby fence.
“He was taken into custody where he returned a positive reading for amphetamine, methamphetamine and cannabis.”
He was charged with:
- Unlawfully possess property
- Aggravated unlawful use of a motor vehicle (x3)
- Fail to obey directions of a police officer
- Drive manner dangerous during pursuit
- Recklessly endanger serious harm (x2)
- Assault police (x4)
- Drive under the influence of drugs
- Fail to stop after crash (x2)
- Fail to display ‘P’ plates
He will appear in Darwin Local Court today.
Investigations into the identity of the second male are ongoing.